Friday, 6 March 2009

Dark Stranger

I met someone today. I had just signed in at the government building where I was doing some business this morning. After subjecting myself to the obligatory scanning, probing and prodding that occurs each time one steps into any public building nowadays, I was ascending the stairs. Then I sensed that someone was staring from behind, you know, that feeling you get when someone is staring intently at you. I instinctively turned around, just checking. And lo and behold, standing at security with arms spread wide while the scanner was doing its job, was this very dark African god. I love dark! I couldn't understand why rather than paying attention to what security was doing, god was staring at me. Eyes were instantly averted in seeming embarrassment, both of us. But something inside had made a connection, and I was pretty certain that I would not be leaving this building the same way that I came in. Upstairs in the waiting room, well, call me whatever you like, I selected a seat close to the entrance. And sure enough god walks in. And while at first god pretends not to be making a beeline for the seat next to me, god ends up sitting right next to me. Well, I've passed up too many chances in the past not to have learnt to grab the moment when it presents itself, so trust me to launch into a brisk friendly conversation. Pleasingly, god too was just as warm as I was feeling at that moment. This was entrancing! Then I was called into the office and had to leave god behind in the waiting room. In parting we shook hands, a handshake that lingered for all of 45 seconds, by which time my left hand had typed in those vital numbers and so had god's. Hmm, let's see what will happen.

5 comments:

Naijadude said...

hmmm quite interesting.. Goodluck with you on that eh!! Lets know how it goes.. hehe

CodLiverOil said...

Asafa Powell and Usain Bolt - watch out, Anengiyefa has shown, that he can move fast when necessary!!

Amooti, Uganda said...

Ho.....sounds like the epilogue of a bestseller! Am "gonna watch this space".....

Quitstorm said...

You have never updated us on your contact with the "Dark stranger" ,Have u written any books?

Quitstorm

Free Surf said...

Dude you don't drop this kind of gist and leave us hanging. It's been a month since this post. Did you call the guy or not? What happened?