Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Blame it on the blog

With the amount of time that I've been spending surfing around the Internet nowadays, especially since I began this blog, I was starting to wonder how I ever manage to get any of my work done either at the office, or at home. I was scared for a little while this morning as I sat at my desk in the office, that there was a matter or two that needed to be attended to, which I had either forgotten to deal with, or which I had not been able to complete because just when I had started to do it, some idea suddenly popped up in my head and I had dropped everything and rushed off into cyberworld, looking for material to build up on the idea that entered my head.

I looked into my desktop diary with that lingering ominous feeling. Surely that task that I was supposed to have completed last Friday... But to my utter surprise and delight, I found that there was in fact nothing which I had not completed well in advance of its due completion time. What I then realised was that I was dealing with stuff at work briskly and getting them out of the way, in order to allow me even more time to browse the Internet, read the blogs of others, write my own blog and just generally revel in the wealth of information that is out there. Blogging has actually had a positive effect then, because not only is my work getting done more swiftly than it was before, but also, all that time that would have been spent unproductively worrying about my non-existent love life is put to good use. And I am a much happier person for it.

9 comments:

Amooti, Uganda said...

I have been pussy footing about this blog thing wondering if I would ever get the time but I reckon from what you have just written I should.....(Do you notice am not saying the words yet?!)

Anengiyefa said...

Hi Amooti, as far as I can see you've said all the words that need to be said. Yes, you should..... lol

Amooti, Uganda said...

All I can say is "Blogging,here I come".

Anengiyefa said...

Well Amooti, now you've got me holding my breath. So get on with it! :)

Tamaku said...

I find that blogging makes the working day go faster! No one complaining so far...or maybe I deleted the emails? ;(

Anengiyefa said...

lol, Tamaku youre funny. At first I wondered which emails you were on about...

If they sent emails and saw no changes, then they might have said more than just send emails..They haven't, so theres nothing to worry about...yet :)

Amooti, Uganda said...

Dont hold it too long lest you suffocate while at it. After lasnite, I have a fair idea of what my blog will be. Just watch that space. Consider this an advert.

I must confess though that you and Tamaku lost me on the"email" thing. Am thinking only you and him can be on the same page about this one!

Gay Nairobi Man said...

Blog away..as long as ideas come your way and before writers block hits.

I am hooked( to your blog)

Anengiyefa said...

Hi GNM, thanks for your words of encouragement.