Saturday, 23 May 2009

A Lovely Day

Wow, I can't believe the weather in London today. OK, its a bank holiday weekend and I've ignored the faithful alarm that sounded at 6.30 this morning, turned over in the bed and gone back to sleep. At about 11.00, I finally struggle out of bed and pull the curtains in my bedroom. My Goodness! I just can't believe how dazzling it is outside. I am annoyed that I have failed to make some proper plans for the day, but no, I will not be spending this day indoors.

There are things I must do with the car at that Total petrol station near IKEA, then of course I must visit IKEA itself, even if just to lose myself in that maze of shelf after shelf of desirable items on display. And I've always wanted to go and have a look at the Lee River and Picketts Lock, which I live not very far from, have read quite a lot about, but have been kept too busy by hectic London living to have ever had the chance to see. Then I must take in the Banbury and Lockwood reservoirs. I'll take the bike with me and cycle down the miles of cycle paths I understand are in the area. I only wish G had called me as he said he would, so we could do something together. Its such a glorious day..

6 comments:

Tamaku said...

Hope you had a great time. I miss the canals of London, used to live near Victoria Park (east London) overlooking the water. It's beautiful this time of year from what I recall.

Anengiyefa said...

Well, I found myelf driving all the way to somewhere near Epsom in Surrey where my nephew lives and then after a few hours, got invited to a barbecue in Carshalton. So there was a lot of driving...and drinking. And I held my breath as I drove home, hoping not to be stopped by the police. I can see you wagging your finger at me..."thou shalt not drink and drive.." Yes I know, but please forgive me this one time.. :)

Tamaku said...

Ok, George says you're forgiven. But don't hold your breath too long, you might miss the nice guys along the way ;)

Anengiyefa said...

Aww, isn't that nice!Tell George we love him..

Amooti, Uganda said...

We shall pray there is no another "one time"

Anengiyefa said...

Amooti, I cross my heart :)