Monday, 25 May 2009

Shocking News!

I heard/read today of the untimely demise of TAJUDEEN ABDUL RAHEEM in an automobile accident in Nairobi. Read the story here. A man who I held in high esteem and for whom I had immense respect, someone who I looked up to. He provided many with inspiration and strength. A huge loss for Africa. As has been said about him, we could always rely on him to "draw our attention to the most significant aspects of the latest political event in Africa", just as we could rely on him "to provide guidance and encouragement during hard times, restoring in us the courage for the longer struggles ahead for emancipation of the continent." A great man who will be sorely missed.

5 comments:

Naughty feeling said...

May the Lord rest his soul in eternal peace. We heard of it hear in the morning and were taken aback by the incident. He will be greatly missed even by us kenyans as he was vocal in our politics in reminding us to keep our goals in perspective. R.I.P.

Tamaku said...

Very sad indeed for family and friends; he also had much more to offer our continent. Rest in peace.

Amooti, Uganda said...

True dat, true dat. Great Man, Strong Pan Africanist, Anengiyefa will add Incredible Nigerian. RIP

Anengiyefa said...

Amooti, you know what? It didn't even cross my mind that he was from Funtua in Katsina State, Nigeria...Thanks for reminding me :)

Amooti said...

Lets say it was my way of putting my words in some one else's mouth!