Friday, 2 April 2010

She's got to be my favourite woman..

Erykah Badu stripped naked while walking the street in Dallas, Texas in her official music video for "Window Seat" her new song. The official video was on YouTube until it was removed because of a copyright claim by a third party. I expect that we should learn more about this as time goes on.

In the video Erykah walks through Dallas's Dealey Plaza taking off her clothes item by item as she walks down the street. And because the whole thing is shot by hidden cameras, passers-by on the street are unaware that a video is being shot. She strips until she's butt naked and then feigns being shot in the head at the same spot where President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. She explained the association (or not) of the video with the Kennedy assassination via Twitter here.



To view the video itself, which is now doing the rounds on music blogs on the Internet you can click here. Now this song is wicked!!

In this interview, Erykah explains, "Yes I was petrified, period. The whole thing was frightening. The whole idea was frightening. Not being in love with my body, not being secure about being vulnerable, the police coming to take me to jail. I'm breastfeeding right now. Anything I could think of I did. But those little things diminished as I thought about the big picture. And, as I started to walk, I confronted a lot of fears, and I hope that it would encourage others to do the same thing in their own way."

Dallas Police are considering bringing indecent exposure charges against Erykah, but since there were no police around when the video was shot, at least one witness will be required to come forward and testify for any charges to hold up. The video has stirred up a huge controversy, some of it negative. But I am in the camp that says "Go girl, do ya thing!" I absolutely love it! Expressing herself and not giving a toss what anybody thinks...

Here she defends her controversial video.

On 27 March she said this on Twitter of how the video was shot:

And today her latest tweet as at the time of writing this blog:
No one has pressd charges . All propaganda . Dont believe everything u hear . Fall back soldiers . EveryTING fine .

No comments: