Saturday, 27 February 2010

Wow, its one year already.

On 27 February 2009, I set out on a journey. I sat in front of this computer and wrote this post. It was the first post on this blog titled "Greetings Everyone" and for those who do not wish to click on the link, I have reproduced the post here..

Hi, welcome. For years, I have dragged my feet about starting a blog of my own. This has been because I wasn't able to make up my mind what the theme of my blog should be. My interests are varied and my mind wanders all the time like a butterfly. I haven't found it easy to decide on what exactly I should be blogging about. But suddenly, today, I have had a brain wave. Surely, I do not have to blog about anything in particular. I can blog about me and my wandering mind. I can talk about the things that bother me, the things that annoy me, the things that make me smile, the things that make me squeal with uncontrollable laughter. Oh my, there is a world out there waiting to be written about. So yes, I have taken up the challenge. Here we go.

Now one year later, having had the blog running for all of 365 days, I'm still exactly in the same place in my mind. Except of course for the fact that since I started the blog I've met some amazing people in the blogosphere, people I would not have met if the circumstances were different.. And you know what, I still have not run out of things to say! And I'm pinching myself, wondering if this is real, but hoping and praying that it is..

I've been somewhat incapacitated for much of the last two weeks. For the first time in about ten years I couldn't get online and it was as if there was a hollow inside of me, as if something was missing from my life. Its great to be back, its wonderful to be here, to be a part of a community spread across the world. Its fantastic to be alive in 2010! Thanks to every person who has participated in this journey with me since I started the blog, a journey that God willing has only just begun. Thanks too to those who have allowed me to be a part of their online experience.

Gosh, it appears that the rankings of this blog have slipped considerably over the last few weeks, but I can only look on this as a challenge. I must vigorously strive to regain the position that the blog once held. As you probably can tell, its late Friday night/early Saturday morning, but there are no corks popping I'm afraid. Its just been a quiet, solemn, sober, evening sitting in front of the computer with soft music in the background..

4 comments:

Rox said...

Its been wonderful meeting you and reading your posts, you are so gifted you have no idea. You made Garuba, Moses and all those other characters real for me, and some things became real for me. Here's to another inspired year!

Anengiyefa said...

Hi Rox, thanks for your comment. Its great to know someone out there likes what I'm doing here. I'm happy to have met you Rox. The likes of you have helped to renew my confidence in the inherent goodness of mankind..

Mama Shujaa said...

Anengiyefa,

Congratulations on a very successful year. Don't mind the ratings, you rank as one of my top bloggers; because of your pure honest voice. I love it. I've enjoyed your writings. Even though I have not been a consistent visitor, what with the hectic schedule that I maintain...but once I manage to offload some of the daily stuff I have to grind, and I have more time to visiting, your place would be the first I would visit. Because I care about what you feel strongly about. Because I enjoy your dignity in communication.

Look forward to many more years!

Mama Shujaa.

Anengiyefa said...

Greetings Mama Shujaa,

Thank you. I am privileged to have encountered you online. Your blog is one of those that this blogs aspires to be like. During this one year, I have been able to count on you to be there for me, with a kind word as usual, whenever it was needed. I am grateful, thank you.