Tuesday, 31 July 2012

A stalker..

Its been over two years when I first observed that a certain individual who lives in the same city as I do, has been frequently performing Google searches with the search word "anengiyefa", my name, a search that would inevitably lead him to this blog. 

Anyone who owns a blog knows how to keep track of his visitors, so I have noticed every single visit this individual has made to this blog. I can tell that this has been the same person, because he consistently uses the same IP address. I can also tell that this person has something to do with the London Borough of Merton Adult & Community Learning and/or the Borough of Lambeth. And I say this person is a "he", because its safe to assume that this is a man, since much of the time, women are more sensible than this person has shown himself to be. 

Save for some mild curiosity as to who this might be who apparently has such great interest in me, these visits haven't bothered me that much. His last visit was yesterday at 3:21pm, when he arrived on the blog via my Twitter account, having used the link to this blog that appears on that account. So it is clear that he checks out my Twitter updates as well. The visit previous to yesterday's was sometime last week, when he arrived on the blog having done a Google search using the search words "latest news on anengiyefa" . It was when I saw this that I reckoned I'd have to speak up about this and write this post, since I know that sooner or later he would invariably stop by and get to read what I have to say.

I am not inaccessible and we both live in London. My email address appears on the right hand column of this blog. Rather than creeping around in the shadows constantly doing Google searches for me spanning over a period of years, it isn't that difficult to drop me an email. You might even get to chat with me, if you're lucky :). No really, this is now becoming a bit creepy and is starting to make me feel slightly uneasy.. 

9 comments:

Sinia Safi said...

I actually got to make a very good friend through my blog. He used to do the same, luckily one day he emailed me, and I replied and we have been friends since. He even came all the way from Belgium to come visit me in Kenya...

I get what you are saying esp knowing you are in the same town...

Anengiyefa said...

Well, I will reply to this person if he emailed me. Indeed, I'm curious to know who is it that's so interested in me..

Akin Akintayo said...

He should really try and contact you, you are quite a dish.

The amazing cachet of being stalked belongs to very few people.

Anengiyefa said...

Haha, Akin I'm trying hard not to blush, :). But really, I'm not sure I like very much the idea that someone might be stalking me..

Mimi said...

Lol, why aren't you just flattered that you have an anonymous fan on the interwebs?

Anengiyefa said...

Lol, Mimi, should I be flattered really? Perhaps I'd be flattered if I knew what the intentions of this person were. For now, the uncertainty about his motives overshadows everything..

Waffarian said...

Ah Anengiyefa! I would not be too bothered if I were you. Perhaps he just finds your blog interesting. I have the same people for years who read my blog and funny enough, I feel somewhat secure knowing that its always the same people...lol...I don't find it creepy at all.

Anengiyefa said...

Well, Waffarian, if this was only about the blog I wouldn't be bothered. But its a whole different ball game when someone goes on Google to search for the "latest news" about me, as if I regularly make news headlines, or like I'm some celebrity or something.

I beg o, me I never reach that level o. Me I be low profile abeg, ah

Naijadude said...

I dont suppose that is one thing you should worry about eh.