The Boeing 737 MAX 8 has a range of approximately 3,550 nautical miles (6,570 km). This allows it to operate on medium-haul and some long-haul international routes, thanks to its improved fuel efficiency compared to previous models.
Definitions:
Medium-haul 1,500 – 4,000 km
Long-haul more than 6 – 7 hours and more than 4,000 km.
My flight from Banjul to Istanbul will cover a distance of 5,367 km. It is a long-haul flight. This particular aircraft with reg. TC LCN is the very one I will be flying on. It was delivered to Turkish Airlines in June 2021. This is the first time I'll be flying on such a long flight, 7 hours, in a mid-sized airliner, although I've previously done 4 – 5 hour flights on the 737-800, and 5 hours on the even smaller Embraer ERJ190 regional jet from Abuja to Nairobi.
The world’s longest scheduled commercial Boeing 737 MAX 8 route is operated by Brazilian carrier GOL Linhas Aéreas, flying nonstop between Brasília International Airport in Brazil and Orlando International Airport in the United States - Distance 3,777 miles (6,079 km), Flight Time approximately 8 hours and 15 minutes.


No comments:
Post a Comment